When: Monday, October 6th, 7:30 – 10:30 PM
Where:VHS 270 E 1st Ave
What to bring: your own project (see below for suggested projects)
Register: Let us know you’re coming (we have space for 20 people)
Join us for a night of fun where you can:
- get help from people experienced in knitting and sewing.
- use our sewing machines, yarn winders, and other cool gear.
- get inspired by other crafters.
Note: This isn’t an evening of formal instruction, just a fun night of hanging out with other crafters. Please bring your own knitting or sewing project. Beginners welcome!
Wondering what to work on? Here are some ideas.
1. Mason Jar Pin Cushion Sewing Kit – no sewing required!
Bring your own mason jar and two-part ring lid. Everything else will be provided (fabric, glue guns, stuffing). Make this for yourself or for a sewist in your life. We have loads of beautiful fabric samples to choose from. No fee, but throwing a loonie into our donation box is always appreciated.
2. Wheat Scarf – FREE pattern
This a great project for beginning knitters who can knit, purl, cast on and cast off. Bring your own yarn, needles, and printed copy of the pattern. Help will be provided if you need it.