How to join VHS
Joining VHS is easy! Simply select the $25/month membership option below and then contact Tyson as described in the next section.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW/UPGRADING MEMBERS
IF YOU ARE SIGNING UP OR UPGRADING YOUR MEMBERSHIP, please email the following information to our Membership Coordinator, Tyson Haverkort, at Ninetynein@gmail.com:
- Name (should it differ from your email signature)
- Email that you would like added to the members only mailing list
- Are you a new member, or upgrading to a key holder?
- Method of payment (paypal / cash)
- If paying with paypal, the name your paypal account is under
- Have you been a member before? If so, under what name?
- Have you signed the waiver?
- Have you been given an orientation?
New members, start here! $25/month Gatekeeper (aka the “Zuul” package)
You get to vote at every member meeting and you help support everything awesome VHS stands for.
$50/month Keyholder (aka the “Vinz Clortho” package) ***See Requirements Below!***
You get to vote at every member meeting and you become eligible for a key!* Access the resources of the space on your terms.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A KEY-HOLDER MEMBERSHIP:
If you do not yet meet these requirements, please sign up as a regular member first (aka the Gatekeeper/Zuul package above)
$10/month Friend of VHS
If you don’t want to be a member, but you want to support us by kicking in a few bucks a month towards our space – we would LOVE your support!
For less than the cost of a cup of coffee a week you can support innovation, learning, do-ocratic awesomeness in the greatest city on earth.
One time donation to VHS
Are you tortured by the weight of too much money? We would be honored to relieve you of your burden.
The Fine Print
- Keyholder rate can be reduced at discretion of other keyholders.
- Probation length can be reduced at discretion of other keyholders (folks who have been around for a while before signing up as keyholder members would be obvious candidates for this).
- Non-members can use the space on a drop-in basis by arrangement with keyholders and at open nights, and are invited to donate to help cover costs.
- Membership expires after 3 months consecutive nonpayment of dues (unless other arrangements have been made).
[Q] How do I cancel my membership
[A] Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and if your dues are set up for recurring payments your responsible for cancelling them.
[Q] What are my responsibilities as a key member opening VHS’s doors
- Open the space,
- Insure that everyone has signed the waiver. Part of getting people to sign the waver is to show them the safety equipment around the space, and tell them there is a risk to being at the space. It would be nice if you also talked them through how the space runs and what kind of projects are done there.
- Close the space
[Q] What are my responsibilities as a member or guest
- If you or any other member or guest, sees something that you could consider unsafe you should ask the person to stop. If you don’t feel comfortable asking them to stop as another member or BoD to help you. We can not resolve the problem if no one tells us.
- If you see someone doing something illegal, report it either to the BoD or the police. This includes making a gun, Stealing credit cards, etc.., This does not include Lockpicking, Crypto, Threat assessment for dealing with the police. Use your best judgement and don’t be a dick.