Vancouver Hack Space provides a physical space where people can gather to share ideas, equipment, opinions, and beer. At VHS, members work on personal projects, collaborate with others, and learn new skills. More than just a studio space, we focus on sharing all sorts of knowledge within a friendly and collaborative atmosphere. If you’re excited about making things, we want to meet you.
Many of our members share an interest in 3D printers, laser cutting, machining, crafting, electronics, robotics, programming, electronic music, and art. We welcome anyone with skills to share or an interest in learning. Come to our open nights and check it out!
VHS Principles of Unity
VHS strives to be inclusive to all people. We abide the following principles:
- Be excellent to each other. No racism, no sexism, no homophobia, no classism.
- VHS projects are group projects, not individual projects.
- Freedom is good. Group projects are open projects.
- Eager willingness to learn is all you need. Expertise is not required. It’s always OK to ask questions.
- Full Disclosure. Disclose your motives and affiliations.
Tuesday, 7:30PM-10:30PM-ish, other days as per the calendar.
Check out the Events Calendar for more information.
What Makes VHS Awesome.
See the letters of support for what our community thinks makes us great!
Members: ~120 (as of May 2013)
Space: 2800 sq ft
Founded: August 2008
How to Get Here
In May of 2013 VHS relocated to 270 East 1st Ave, 1 block east of Main St. We are located directly on a bike route, a 5 minute walk from the Main St/Science World skytrain station, and have plenty of free street parking. The main entrance is around the back of the building, but during good weather you can expect the front loading bay door to be open.