Vancouver Hack Space provides a physical space where people can gather to share ideas, equipment, opinions, and beer. At VHS members work on personal projects, collaborate with others, and learn new skills. More than just a studio space, we focus on sharing all sorts of knowledge within a friendly and collaborative atmosphere. If you’re excited about making things then we want to meet you.
Many of our members share an interest in 3D printers, laser cutting, machining, crafting, electronics, robotics, programming, electronic music, and art. We welcome anyone with skills to share or an interest in learning. Come to our open nights and check it out!
VHS Principles of Unity
VHS strives to be inclusive to all people. We abide the following principles:
- Be excellent to each other. No racism, no sexism, no homophobia, no classism.
- VHS projects are group projects, not individual projects.
- Freedom is good. Group projects are open projects.
- Eager willingness to learn is all you need. Expertise is not required. It’s always OK to ask questions.
- Full Disclosure. Disclose your motives and affiliations.
Tuesday, 7:30PM-10:30PM-ish, other days as per the calendar.
Check out the Events Calendar for more information.
What Makes VHS Awesome.
See the letters of support for what our community thinks makes us great!
Members: ~120 (as of May 2013)
Space: 1940 sq ft
Founded: August 2008
How to Get Here
In January of 2015 VHS relocated to #104-1715 Cook St. We are located in the Olympic Village, a 10 minute walk from the Main St/Science World skytrain station, and a paid parking lot 1 block east. The main entrance is on Cook St, buzz 104 to access our voice menu, and then mash * repeatedly to call the space to get let in.