WHO: Anyone, member or no who would like to learn how to program in C/C++ on a raspberry pi. Experienced programmers are welcome to join and chat or help out.
Note! This is now full, send me a note if you would like to be added to a waiting list in case any spots open.
WHAT: A basic C/C++ programming course, aimed at getting enough programming ability to start hacking with one of the many tiny form factor computers such as the raspberry pi. This is not an in depth course, but should help get you started. Fair warning! I haven’t taught many beginners, so this will be a learning experience for me too! In no particular order, we’ll cover as much of the following as time and interest permits.
- Raspberry Pi development environment setup
- General computer concepts (programs, compilers, memory)
- General language concepts (keywords, include files)
- Hello world program
- For loops
- Using GPIO (general purpose input output pins)
- Simple debugging techniques
- Preprocessor macros
- A working raspberry Pi with Raspbian (or similar) installed with a keyboard, mouse and display.
- Enough general computer knowledge to setup a raspberry pi (see http://lifehacker.com/5976912/a-beginners-guide-to-diying-with-the-raspberry-pi). Any Linux system would be fine for most of this as well, if you know how to install packages on your system.
WHEN: Sunday, 15 September 2013. 13:00-19:00 ( Thursday 15th was an error, Sunday 15th is the correct date)
COST: Free, donations into the donation bin are appreciated!
CLASS SIZE: ~10 people.
HOST: Chris [firstname.lastname@example.org] If you haven’t already, please e-mail me if you plan to attend so I know how many people to expect.