- Thursday March 14th, 2013 @ 7:30 pm – William Graham
- Monday March 25th, 2013 @ 7:30 pm – Karl Brown
- Thursday April 4th, 2013 @ 7:30 pm – Karl Brown
These nights will be forced around getting you people ready to take the HAM radio licensing test. Vector is running a basic class on HAM radios starting March 16th and is running over the next 4 consecutive Saturdays. The source costs $95 and includes the HAM radio licensing test. If you want to get your licence I would suggest taking this course.
The next VECTOR Basic Class starts March 16, 2013 and will run for 4 consecutive Saturdays. Classes are held in the E-Comm Media Room from 08:00 to 12:00. The course fee of $95 include an Industry Canada examination and course materials. For further information or to register, please contact the VECTOR Training Coordinator.
Anyone that wants to learn about HAM radios and prepare for the HAM radio licensing test.
VHS (45 west Hastings)
Learning about HAM radios and preparing for the HAM radio licence.
- Thursday March 14th, 2013 @ 7:30 pm
- Monday March 25th, 2013 @ 7:30 pm
- Thursday April 4th, 2013 @ 7:30 pm
VHS needs more HAMs for awesome projects!
Resources for preparing for the HAM radio licence
- https://www.rac.ca/en/amateur-radio/beginner-info/exhaminer/ – A self-test program for candidates to the Canadian Amateur Radio certification. Runs under Microsoft Windows (reported to work flawlessly on Ubuntu 9.04 + Wine 1.0.1).
- http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/h_sf05378.html – Industry Canada is pleased to introduce an exam generator software package to facilitate the amateur examination process that our accredited examiners have taken on our behalf.
- http://dode.ca/basic/ – Mobile web exam