At this meeting we will be deciding on the direction that VHS should take over the next year. This is your chance to shape the way VHS operates and provide your input. We expect this AGM to be a long/large one.
Things to keep in mind.
- The notes from this meeting will be sent to Victoria to be submitted officially with our society. Just something to keep in mind at the meeting. Its official !
- Here are the meeting minutes from the last two years
- VHS works on a consensus model, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
- Please read our Constitution and bylaws http://vancouver.hackspace.ca/
- Attendance is not required but suggested.
- In-order to attend you must (Read the Bylaws)
- Be present, VHS does not allow absent votes.
- Be a member of good standing for 3 consecutive months (paid your dues), except by special arrangement at the discretion of the directors.
We are required to give our members 30days notice before the meeting.
July 22nd, 2012 @ 12:00 noon till we are done.
Vancouver Hack Space, (VHS)
We are required by law to have a AGM once a year, and give our members 30 days of notice. Considered yourself notified !
What aka Purposed Agenda
- Electing a Secretary, and Chair to host the meeting.
- Adoption of rules of order – Explanation of how the meeting will be operated.
- Consideration of the financial statements;
- Report of the directors/members of the previous year.
- Election of directors – Our board of directors will be changing this year!
- Special business (
Constitution and bylaws)
- New business
- Massive growth of new members and how to make the on-boarding experience
- What do we need, what do we want, what do we have and want to get ride of.
- VANHOC, Rotating people in and out
- Members list, access, accounting – how to make this open to all the members while keeping privacy.