We are going to be developing our own card and board-games. These are going to be quick and dirty prototypes that we can use to test game mechanics and see what works and what doesn’t.
We can do it in groups or as individuals. I will see if I can find some prizes for the best game, most complete game, most enjoyable, ect..
Ideas for prototyping your game
- Use paying cards or business card and write playing card rules on the back of them
- Print game pieces with the maker bot.
- Cut out a game board out of cardboard and sharpie the game tiles on to it.
- Make dice and other playing pieces out of paper
- The pieces are controlled by brain scanning robots (Star-Wars-Science-Force-
- Servo controlled marionette battle it out based on pre programmed moves, Angelic_Layer, Real Steel
- Rock paper scissors style samurai
combat fighting Bushido_Blade
- A game where you attempt to disarm a mad scientists dooms day device Operation
- A game where you are a mad scientists and you are trying to prevent the James bond like people from wreaking your plans. mad-scientist-
- My friend’s blog on his experience with getting a game published: http://
- A series of articles on game systems: http://www.thegamesjournal.
- Related to that, here’s my profile page on the piecepack game system’s wiki with links to my published piecepack games: http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/
Vancouver Hack Space
45 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
Dec 6th, 2011 @ 7:30 pm
Anyone who is interested in making or helping make a board-game.
Please feel to bring guests, and if you never been to the space before feel free to join us.