come one, come all to the first vhs horticultural night. i will be bringing supplies and instructions on how to make seed bombs. i have the red clay powder, compost and an interesting selection of westcoast non-invasive seeds. i will also bring some seedling racks on which we can dry the bombs.
seed bombs are one half inch diameter models of the living world. they can be made by anyone anywhere in the world where there is clay, soil, seed and water. seed bombs work on all scales, small to large, and can be air dropped over broad areas, or scattered by hand into vacant lots! hundreds of kinds of mixed seeds, soil humus and dry powdered red brown clay, form the solid components of seed bombs.
vancouver hackspace – 45 west hasting street – entrance from back alley under the crow mural
tuesday, april 26. doors open at 7:00ish seedbombing starts around 7:30
to bring with you:
- a willingness to have fun and get dirty
- $4 to cover the cost of supplies (nobody will be turned away for a lack of funds)
- any of your own seeds you want to make into bombs
- a container to bring your bombs home with you
* instructions borrowed from Andrea Bellamy’s Heavy Petal website. Andrea is also hosting a seedballing workshop at 13:00 on May 1st, at Cedar Cottage Garden (Victoria Drive @ Hull)
* special thanks to Al Pasternak of The Bokashi Blog for supplying the clay powder and a great selection of seeds